Rollers and Bee-eaters Photo Tour
This wildlife photography tour is focused on two of the most colourful European birds – the Common Bee-eater and the European Roller. The itinerary is designed for keen wildlife photographers, who want to take home a variety of pictures of these species, while the birds are engaged in courtship displays, mating, food (gift) transfer and other spring activities. In addition, there will be options for raptor and mammal photography as well as quality birdwatching on the territory of Persina Nature Park.
Our base for the 5-day trip will be the small town of Belene, from where we will make short transfers to the photo hides and areas for birdwatching. It is located on the Bulgarian Danube shore and is connected with a bridge to Persin (Belene) Island – the largest Bulgarian island on the Danube.
Our experience will be enriched with our accommodation – a 3-star hotel offering great views of the river and tasty food prepared from local products.
This is a private tour that can be tailored to your interest and time budget.
Want to spend more time in Bulgaria? We can extend your tour with a visit to a hide for vulture photography.
- Duration13-17 May 2023
- What is includedground transportation, English-speaking driver/guide, accommodation at a 3-star hotel on full board basis, photo hide rental
- What is not includedflight tickets, insurance, meals and drinks, other personal expenses, tips
- Best period13-17 May 2023
- € 930 for a group of up 2-3 persons;
- € 850 per person for a group of 4 persons;
- Single room supplement: € 100 per person.
The price includes:
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour;
- Rental of photo hides according to the itinerary;
- All ground transportation costs are included; We will be travelling with a modern and comfortable vehicle from Traventuria's fleet;
- Accommodation in a double/twin room at 3-star hotels with en suite double rooms on full board. Packed lunch can be ordered from the hotel. Dinner can be organized at the hotel.
The price excluded
- Flight tickets;
- Other meals and drinks;
- Other personal expenses;
Recommended camera equipment
- We would recommend that you have available, an array of lenses from an intermediate telephoto lens such as the 100-400mm, which is extremely versatile, through to your longest lens, whether that is a 400mm, 500mm or 600mm. A wide angle would also be useful if you fancy capturing;
- You should also pack a tripod with a gimble head (recommended). Extra memory cards and batteries, cleaning set for the cameras and lenses.