Pelican Photography Tour
Lake Kerkini is one of the most iconic sites for birdwatching and photography of pelicans in the Balkans. It is a national park in northern Greece, only 200 km (mostly highway) from Sofia. Throughout the year there is a multitude of species to be observed and taken pictures of. The most famous birds to be photographed are undoubtfully the Dalmatian Pelicans, especially when they are in their breeding plumage. The lake is arguably the best location in the world to photograph these remarkable birds and there are numerous wonderful opportunities for capturing images of them ranging from intimate portraits to wide-angle shots with stunning backdrops (mainly snow-capped mountain range).
Whilst it is possible to photograph the Dalmatian pelicans all year round, it is the winter months that provide the most dramatic and intriguing photographic options.
During our five-day trip to Lake Kerkini, we will be able to photograph the pelicans and other birdlife from a boat and from the shoreline.
Highlight species: Dalmatian Pelican, White Pelican, Flamingo, Pygmy Cormorant, Great Crested Grebe (in winter plumage), ducks, herons and egrets
- Duration4 days
- What is includedground transportation, English-speaking driver/guide, accommodation at a 3-star hotel on BB basis, boat trips
- What is not includedflight tickets, insurance, meals and drinks, other personal expenses, tips
- Best period12-15 Feb 2024
- € 790 per person for a group of 2 persons;
- € 650 per person for a group of up to 3 persons;
- € 600 per person for a group of 4 persons or more;
- € 100 for single room supplement.
The price includes
- Tour leader (knowing the area and the wildlife photographer) throughout the tour;
- Boat trips according to the itinerary;
- All ground transportation costs are included; We will be travelling with a modern and comfortable vehicle from Traventuria's fleet;
- Accommodation: highly rated 3-star hotels with en suite double rooms on a bed & breakfast basis. Packed lunch can be ordered from the hotel or at a nearby tavern. Dinner can be organized at the hotel or a nearby tavern.
The price excluded
- Flight tickets;
- Other meals and drinks;
- Other personal expenses;