Short Birding Break in Southern Bulgaria and Northern Greece
This unique and innovative itinerary leads you through a series of birdwatching hotspots and in a short time crosses two borders – the one gradually separating the Continental and Mediterranean climate zones and that between Bulgaria and Greece. We trace the Via Aristotelis flyway from the Dragoman Marsh through the imposing Kresna Gorge, along the impressive sandy pyramids of Melnik to the ranked number 1 birding area in Greece – namely Lake Kerkini. At a glance, the trip plan proves promising in terms of a long species list and superb birdwatching throughout the year. Inevitably every traveler comes equipped with great expectations. Believe us, there is always more than you have expected!
* The itinerary is designed for people, who are already in Sofia (Bulgaria), meaning that the tour starts early on the first day and ends in the evening on the third day (without including overnight stays in Sofia). If this is not the case and you need the program adjusted to a particular time of the day or if you need us to book a hotel in Sofia for you please just mention this in your booking request.
- Duration3 days
- What is includedprivate transfers, accommodation on halfboard (en-suite double rooms), pick up/drop off at any location in Sofia, English-speaking driver/guide, fuel and all road taxes, use of spotting scope (one per vehicle)
- What is not includedflight tickets, insurance, other meals, transfers from or to other airports (Burgas, Varna or Plovdiv); personal expenses; gratuities, tips
- Best periodMar - Sep
- € 460 per person for 1 person;
- € 320 per person for 2 persons;
- € 280 per person for 3 persons;
- 4-12 persons: please ask for a quote;
- Single room supplement: € 60 per person.
- Accommodation: on halfboard (en-suite double rooms);
- Transportation: ground transport is included in the basic price. We will be travelling in one of the vehicles from Traventuria's fleet;
- pick up/drop off at any location in Sofia;
- English-speaking tour leader throughout the entire trip;
- VAT and all local taxes
- Use of spotting scope (one per vehicle)
- Flight tickets;
- Other meals;
- Transfers from or to other airports (Burgas, Varna or Plovdiv);
- Personal expenses;
Remarks, clothing and equipment
- Group size: min. 1 person;
- Binocular, Bird Guide Book, Notebook, Camera with different lenses or compact camera (recommended);
- Warm clothes for the mountain areas, light clothes for low-land areas, hat, sun and insect lotions, sun guarding hat, comfortable walking shoes.