Eastern Rhodopi Photography Tour
This is a wildlife photography tour focused on the raptors and mammals that roam the Eastern Rhodopi Mountains. You will have the delight to photograph and enjoy the birdlife of a stunningly beautiful and diverse area. You will have photographic sessions from purpose-built hides, but also some of your holiday time will be spent exploring this marvellous region and its wildlife.
Eastern Rhodopi Mountains are a unique region in the Balkans. Rolling hills dotted with peaceful villages, meadows grazed by small cows of a local breed, dazzling lakes and fish-rich rivers, fascinating rock formations, and many wild animals and rare plants thriving alongside culture-rich peasant communities This harmony has been established for centuries.
Rugged stone churches and dazzling monasteries dot a pristine landscape of rocky mountains and rolling hills.
This is a private tour and can be tailored to your needs, interests and time budget.
The tour can be extended with our photographic tour at Lake Kerkini.
- Duration6 days
- What is includedEnglish-speaking guide, ground transportation costs, accommodation on full board, hide rental, tour with a local ranger
- What is not includedflights, insurance, personal expenses, tips
- Best periodDec - Oct
- € 1450 per person for a group of up 2-3 persons;
- € 1300 per person for a group of 4 persons;
- Single room supplement: € 100.
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour;
- Rental of photo hides according to the itinerary;
- All ground transportation costs are included; We will be travelling to the Eastern Rhodopi Mountains with a modern and comfortable vehicle from Traventuria's fleet;
- Accommodation in a double/twin room in mountain lodge with en suite double rooms on full board;
- A day tour with a local ranger for observation and photography of European bison and other mammals.
- Personal expenses;