Late Autumn Raptor’s Photography
The Golden Eagle is a captivating bird and its photography is awe-inspiring. This tour is devoted to the passion of observing and taking pictures of this magnificent bird of prey. With an expert guide, you will spend a few days at a Balkan Mountain’s photo hide, one of the best places in the Balkans for photography of Golden Eagles. The hide is built to a high standard of comfort, right in the heart of the Western Balkan Mountain. Golden Eagle, Griffon, and Black vultures, as well as other avian and mammal carnivores (Grey wolf, Red Fox, Wild Cat and others) often frequent the feeding site at the hide.
Two days in the itinerary are dedicated to the hide at the town of Dragoman, where “the usual suspects” are Common Buzzard, Marsh Harrier, Rough-legged Buzzard, Golden Jackal and Red Fox.
This is a private photography tour and can be tailored to your interests and holiday length.
- Duration6 days
- What is includedlocal expert photography guide throughout the tour; ground transportation with pick up and drop off at Sofia Airport; photo hide rental; accommodation according to the itinerary; full board
- What is not includedflight tickets, insurance, transfers from or to other airports (Varna or Plovdiv); personal expenses; gratuities; tour extensions, tips
- Best period20-25 Nov 2023
- 2-3 persons – € 1500 per person;
- 4 persons – € 1200 per person;
- Single room supplement at the guesthouse: € 60 per person.
The price includes
- Accommodation: in a guest house en suite facilities for 2 nights and 3 nights in the Golden Eagle hide (sleeping is on cots) on a full board basis;
- English-speaking tour leader throughout the entire trip;
- Photo hides rental;
- All ground transportation costs.
Remarks, clothing and equipment
- Maximum capacity of the hides: Golden eagle hide - 4 person, Buzzard and Marsh Harrier hide - 2 person;
- It`s forbidden to leave the hide during the day. There is electricity from solar panels. No need for tripods here, but we need them for the Dragoman hide. Warm clothes and shoes, a hat, and gloves are necessary. These are especially necessary for the Dragoman hide. We will prepare our meals and hot drinks in the Golden Eagle Hide. Packed lunch will be prepared for the Dragoman hide;
- Equipment: At least 300mm lens plus converter. Stable tripod or only gimbal head; Teleconverters; Batteries; Extra memory cards.